When the boys come home, we are fully obsessed with enjoying the great outdoors and cooking up something beautiful. It isn’t quite summer… but last weekend sure felt like it!
So last Friday was all about:
• Walking at Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge
• Feeling over-the-top GRATEFUL
• Cooking up anything delicious with curry
The first order of business during their visit was that we had to get in a hike. Doug was in town and I thought he absolutely has to do this levee trail that I love. We got a nice walk in before the afternoon storms kicked up, and even met up with a Florida Softshell turtle.
We came home just in time for the rain to stop and hang out in the backyard, and then went completely nuts for this fantastic gluten-free West Indian curried shrimp recipe for dinner!
West Indian Curried Shrimp with Peaches
(enough for 5 people)
2 lbs of peeled and deveined shrimp
2 tbsp olive oil
One tablespoon of butter
One handful of West Indian Curry (which means A LOT) 🙂
1/2 can of sliced peaches
1. Butterfly the shrimp
2. Cover the bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish with 1 tbsp olive oil and place shrimp in a single layer, covering evenly with another tbsp of the olive oil.
3. Add half of the peaches (with juice) evenly over the shrimp and generously sprinkle the top with curry.
4. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes
5. Place the cooked shrimp in a serving bowl and add a dollop of sour cream to top.
6. Serve with a side salad and your favorite dressing. Add a tropical or culinary cocktail, or—if you like to keep it simple—then your favorite anything-on-the-rocks!