Meatballs (MB’s) are a superpower food for me, and these had just the Right Stuff—with pine nuts and raisins. Meatballs are incredibly versatile. I love to change things up and experiment with the many different ways they can be made. These MB’s are authentic, too. The real deal. Just like the original 7 Astronauts. Special ingredients separate them from the rest. They really are the BEST!
1.75 lbs. ground chuck / ground pork mixture (⅔ Chuck, ⅓ Pork)
1 cup of raisins
1 cup GF breadcrumbs
¾ cup toasted pine nuts, cooled then coarsely chopped
½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls (BelGioioso is my favorite)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Splash of milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chuck with the ground pork, using hands.
2. Crack the egg into the bowl and mix it into the ground chuck mixture.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and raisins to the mixture and knead until well combined.
4. Form the mixture into meatballs.
5. Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium-high heat, then add a tablespoon of butter if you would like to get a nice crispy outside.
6. Place meatballs in pan, turning each until all sides are golden brown. Lower heat to medium and cook all the way through—about 20 min.
7. Add jar of your favorite marinara sauce and simmer for 10 more minutes, or until slightly bubbly.
8. Sprinkle with shredded Parm to taste.
Add a side salad of your choice to make it a complete meal. I made an Iceberg wedge with cherry tomatoes. 🙂