Summer Burgers are no different than Winter Burgers, except the pace of life is sweeter and slower and the veggies you make ‘em with are fresh and in season!
Summer Burgers (makes 6-7 patties)
2 parts ground pork and 2 parts ground chuck, about 1 ½ lbs
Handful of fresh spinach
Handful of broccoli slaw
½ red onion, chopped
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons of mayo
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Sharp cheddar or provolone cheese, sliced
One avocado, sliced
Corn and Chile salsa (I used Trader Joe’s)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chuck with the ground pork, using hands.
2. Crack the egg into the bowl and mix it into the ground chuck mixture.
3. Add the spinach, broccoli slaw, chopped onion, parmesan cheese and mayo to the mixture and knead until well combined.
4. Form the mixture into patties and add salt & pepper to both sides.
5. Place in a large skillet on medium high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
6. Flip when both sides are a golden brown, then cover for 15 minutes until cooked all the way through and juices are no longer pink.
7. Top with shredded sharp cheddar or provolone and serve with sliced avocado and corn salsa on the side. Add ketchup to taste!
These burgers make me happy because they have a crunchy outside and soft veggies on the inside. They are just right for the end of a hot summer day with a cold drink and a Jason Bourne film. A truly laid back dinner for an endless summer! ☀️