Last Wednesday was one of those days—where it wasn’t just one thing—but all sorts of crazy stuff was goin’ down. I needed some good things to happen, and my day turned around when I found this greeting card at the post office:
It was my reset button. My happy pick-me-up as a reminder to live in the present, and pay attention to fleeting moments of beauty. To be grateful for what I have—when I have it. When I arrived home, I poured myself a Woodford and made these delicious gluten free breaded lamb chops with diced sweet potatoes and limas. ‘Cause when the going gets tough, the tough give thanks… and this was the perfect comfort food to be thankful for!
Breaded Lamb Chops with Diced Sweet Potatoes and Lima Beans
8 single cut lollipop lamb chops
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs
Dash of milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
1 bag frozen lima beans
1 bag diced sweet potatoes (who knew these were so amazing?!)
Fresh salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Scramble the eggs, adding just a dash of milk
3. Mix 1 cup GF bread crumbs with 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, then dip lamb chops into your egg mixture before coating with the bread crumbs
4. Place lamb chops in a glass Pyrex with olive oil on the bottom, drizzled with a smudge on of oil on top too, and bake about 30 minutes for medium doneness, or 15-20 minutes if you like ’em rare
5. Boil the limas according to package directions and sautée the sweets in a little butter and serve on the side!