Loaded with a healthy head o’ broccoli, this easy gluten free breakfast casserole is perfect for holiday brunches or make-ahead family breakfasts. And unlike many egg casserole recipes, this one substitutes shredded hash browned potatoes for bread. You can make it the night before if you’re short on time in the mornings or have a full house for the holidays!
Gluten Free Holiday Breakfast Casserole
One head of fresh broccoli
Splash of milk
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil or avocado oil
½ bag of Alexia Yukon Select hash browns
6 slices of provolone cheese
13 x 9 glass casserole dish
1. Preheat oven to 375º and sauté half of the hash browned potatoes in one tablespoon of cooking oil until golden brown.
2. Line a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooked potatoes and place provolone slices on top to cover the potatoes.
3. Scramble six eggs with a splash of milk and pour over the top.
4. Chop broccoli into small florets and sprinkle over the egg mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with fresh fruit to keep it satisfying without weighing you down. Breakfast is how we roll!