I do this thing where I find some splendid, fresh, healthy produce that I love and make LOTS of different meals with the same ingredient.
First it was spinach, and it all started because of Costco. They have these very large bags of fresh spinach… They’re like a throw pillow! It does shrink down when you cook it, but there’s just two people in our house now so I have to get creative as to not let it go to waste. Then last month it was Brussels Sprouts. Roasted… in omelets… you name it. And this month, I’m making Broccoli Slaw with everything. 🙂
Here are two of my favorites that made my heart sing!
Bach Burgers (feeds 6)
2 cups of #BroccoliSlaw (it’s trending at our house)
1 lb of ground chicken
¾ cups gluten-free bread crumbs
8 fresh asparagus spears with the tips cut in to ½ inch pieces
¼ Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1. Combine the broccoli slaw, asparagus, ground chicken and egg in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the Parmesan cheese and GF breadcrumbs to the mixture and knead until well combined.
3. Form the mixture into patties.
4. Add olive oil to sauté pan (and a tablespoon of butter if you would like to get a nice crispy outside).
5. Place patties in pan, turning each until both sides are golden brown. Make sure cooked all the way through, about 20 min.
I sautéed fresh zucchini and cherry tomatoes on the side with an ear of corn on the cob freshly shucked! Mixed ’em together on medium heat and cooked until tender.
I was so inspired by the Bach burgers that a few days later I made these tacos with the same sorts of ingredients. I mean seriously, I ALWAYS make tacos. But these were different from the ordinary Mexican themed meals that I make.
I used 1 pkg broccoli slaw and 1 lb ground chicken, sautéed in olive oil, and served up in a warm, crunchy gluten free corn taco shell with some refried pinto beans, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and salsa and sour cream to top it all off. Glorious!
I made these two magnificent meals all while being accompanied by the music of a handsome budding pianist. 🎼